Pages

Tuesday 31 January 2012

Dusty Reads (#4)


Dusty Reads is a weekly meme, hosted by Xpresso Reads featuring a book that has been sitting unread on our shelves for some time. To participate and more information, click here.

Jess's Dusty Read

Forever
By Maggie Stiefvater

In Maggie Stiefvater's Shiver, Grace and Sam found each other. In Linger, they fought to be together. Now, in Forever, the stakes are even higher than before. Wolves are being hunted. Lives are being threatened. And love is harder and harder to hold on to as death comes closing in.

Jess's thoughts: Another book that's just been sitting there on my shelf not being read. I love this series, and I'm not sure why I haven't read it yet. I hope to get to it this year at some point but I'm not sure when. The cover is beautiful, it's all shiny and it matches my others. I must get around to reading this!


Donna's Dusty Read

Wither 
by Lauren DeStefano

What if you knew exactly when you would die?

Thanks to modern science, every human being has become a ticking genetic time bomb—males only live to age twenty-five, and females only live to age twenty. In this bleak landscape, young girls are kidnapped and forced into polygamous marriages to keep the population from dying out.

When sixteen-year-old Rhine Ellery is taken by the Gatherers to become a bride, she enters a world of wealth and privilege. Despite her husband Linden's genuine love for her, and a tenuous trust among her sister wives, Rhine has one purpose: to escape—to find her twin brother and go home.

But Rhine has more to contend with than losing her freedom. Linden's eccentric father is bent on finding an antidote to the genetic virus that is getting closer to taking his son, even if it means collecting corpses in order to test his experiments. With the help of Gabriel, a servant she trusts, Rhine attempts to break free, in the limted time she has left.

Donna's thoughts: I've had this book on my shelf since March 2011! March! I can't believe it when I look back at the date. Nearly a year and still haven't read it. Anyway...I've been a huge Dysoptian kick the last few days so I'm hoping to fit this book in for next month. I've heard so many great things about it, so I'm hoping it lives up to its expectations. 

So that's our Dusty Read's for this week! Don't forget to leave us your thoughts below. 
Happy Reading!

11 comments:

Carina Olsen said...

Donna! Wither is a must read :) It is amazing. <3 I loved it so much :) I hope you'll like it too ;p
Jess: I haven't read that series by Maggie Stiefvater yet, but I do have all three books; in the same pretty cover as that one :) Hope you'll get to read it soon ;)

Unknown said...

It's certainly going to my TBR. Just love that the titles actually make a sentence: shiver and linger forever. Ok it doesn't make sense but sounds good to me lol.

Sam (Realm of Fiction) said...

If you're on a dystopian kick, you must get round to Wither soon! I really enjoyed it myself. :D

Cassie S. said...

Forever was a great end to the 'Wolves of Mercy Falls' series. I do believe you will love it when you are able to get to it.

As for Wither, I myself have that book on my shelf waiting to be read. I hope I am able to get to it soon. I have heard so many good things for it.

Good luck ladies.

Tipsy Misty said...

I've had Wither since June and haven't read it yet! And I got Forever when it was released and haven't read that yet either even though I loved the first two books!

speculatef said...

@Jess: OMG you will totally LOVE Forever, I loved loved loved it!

@Donna: I've seen a lot of hype about Wither, makes me want it to read it!

Hope you two enjoy these books, eventually!

Shaheen @ Speculating on SpecFic
My Dusty Reads

Wee Shubba said...

I've yet to read Forever. Lol. Got it when it came out. Oh Donna you HAVE to read Wither!! It's amazing.

Krista said...

I've read Shiver but I haven't read the sequel yet, but I have heard good things about Forever! I've been meaning to buy Wither because of all the great reviews. Good picks :)

Krista - Nawanda Files

Giselle said...

Forever is a fun book but it feels REALLY unfinished. For a last book in a series you feel like there should be more. I still liked it though.

And I haven't read Wither yet but I was sent the ARC of book 2 for some reason so I have scheduled the review for both next month. Let's just hope I'm not one of those who hates it with a passion :)

egyptian cotton percale sheets said...

But Rhine has more to contend with than losing her freedom. Linden's eccentric father is bent on finding an antidote to the genetic virus that is getting closer to taking his son, even if it means collecting corpses in order to test his experiments. With the help of Gabriel, a servant she trusts, Rhine attempts to break free, in the limted time she has left.
maria b lawn collection wholesale
maria b suits wholesale

julia said...

These all story books are really interesting. I really love book reading. This information about the stories in this book. It's great to work for those people who love books. Now it's time to get services shutters in birmingham for more information.

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis