Pages

Wednesday 25 January 2012

My Book Boyfriend (#29): Caleb Becker


My Book Boyfriend is a weekly meme, hosted by Missie at TheUnread Reader. What is My Book Boyfriend you might ask.  Well it is a weekly meme where we talk about a literary crush including stats, a picture of what you imagine he looks like and some quotes from him that make you swoon.  If you are interested in participating please check out the My BookBoyfriend Introduction Page over at Missie's blog The Unread Reader.


Right so, I haven't done this boy coming up, because I couldn't find a good enough model for him. But I was randomly Google searching and came across a model that I think fits the bill. And ironically his name is actually Caleb. So here is My Book Boyfriend for this week...Caleb Becker from Simone Elkele's Leaving Paradise.

Caleb Becker


Description: Caleb is 17 years old, and he's only recently come out of Juvie for a hit and run whilst drunk driving. He has dark crew cut hair. He and Maggie are supposed to stay away from each other after the accident, but they end up working for the same old lady, and there they forge a new bond that turns to love.




"Maggie-" He takes my hand in his and places my palm against his cheek roughened with a day's worth of stubble. He turns his head and kisses the inner, sensitive part of my palm, his eyes holding my gaze. "I should have done this a year ago." My heart flips over as he leans in and touches his lips to mine.

"Are you following me?" She asks, but doesn't meet my gaze.
"Yeah" I say.
"Why?"
"Honestly?"
She looks at me, her eyebrows raised. I give her the only honest and true answer I have. "You're where I want to be."

“From the look of us, you'd never know we slept in the same bed last night and made out like the world was going to end if we stopped.”

“Why shouldn't I be introspective? We dont' make sense."
"Neither do Chocolate and Peanut Butter, but it somehow works." He says "Somehow the mixture of two things is genius.”





Well there you go. Caleb Becker of Leaving Paradise and Return to Paradise. The model today is Caleb Halstead, he's not perfect but he's pretty close. Closer than most of the men I came up with to begin with. 

If you haven't read these books then you really should!

Thank you to Missie for hosting this each week

Who's your Book Boyfriend?

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Great quotes! Haven't read anything by this author but keep meaning to. The pictures looks pretty good. I feel like they go with the quotes nice. Some very cute quotes too!
Thanks for visiting My Book Boyfriend

Belle said...

I loved Elkeles' Perfect Chemistry series, totally adding this one to the TBR list! Hot!

Felicia the Geeky Blogger said...

Awwwwwwww

"Are you following me?" She asks, but doesn't meet my gaze.
"Yeah" I say.
"Why?"
"Honestly?"
She looks at me, her eyebrows raised. I give her the only honest and true answer I have. "You're where I want to be."

That is just so darn sweet! I would swoon if a guy said that to me :)

Book Passion for Life said...

Jess!!!! The last picture....defo Caleb. The top too I'm not to keen on but I love the last one! ~ Donna

Missie, The Unread Reader said...

Caleb is the perfect Caleb! LOL

I LOVED the PC series so I need to read this one. I know Elkeles never fails to make her book boys incredible, and reading what you wrote about Caleb only confirms that!

P.S. I love the new blog design so much. It makes me happy every time I see it. :)

Jennifer said...

I loved this series and Caleb! You are right that it is hard to find the perfect image for him, but Caleb the model comes close. Great choice and beautiful new design!

Jennifer
http://feministfairytalereviews.blogspot.com/2012/01/my-book-boyfriend-22-colin-bridgerton.html

Imel Cullen said...

I've read Leaving Paradise, I'm fallin luv with Caleb becker...

Jen D. @ Not Now...I'm Reading! said...

"Neither do Chocolate and Peanut Butter, but it somehow works." He says "Somehow the mixture of two things is genius."

He makes an excellent point. ;-) I love Caleb. ESPECIALLY after that chocolate and peanut butter line.

Kriston Johnson said...

I have been introduced to so many new characters today. I love it. My TBR list keeps growing thanks to everybody's book boyfriends.

Jade said...

You all have some awesome picks. I haven't read Caleb's story, but you make me want to. And your Caleb model is totally swoon worthy.

Macdizzledoo said...

I haven't run into a Book Boyfriend yet that I've read, which is AWESOME! I love this meme, because it just brings out more and more books to read. :) And and and? This book series sounds great! Can't wait to put it on my TBR list. :)
My Book Boyfriend

Prangon said...

Caleb sounds AWESOME!
“From the look of us, you'd never know we slept in the same bed last night and made out like the world was going to end if we stopped.”
I need to read this book, and soon.

Marathon said...

I'm a HUGE Simone Elkeles fan but somehow I never had a serious urge to read this one. WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME? I'm totally picking this one up at the first opportunity. I'm already in love with Caleb.

Have an amazing reading week!

- Asher (from Paranormal Indulgence)

Anonymous said...

Ooooh looks good! *drool* ;D

Henry said...

CALEB BECKER is very amazing. I got inspired by it. Now it's time to avail water bottle for more information.

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis