Pages

Wednesday 1 February 2012

My Book Boyfriend (#30): John Mitchell


My Book Boyfriend is a weekly meme, hosted by Missie at TheUnread Reader. What is My Book Boyfriend you might ask.  Well it is a weekly meme where we talk about a literary crush including stats, a picture of what you imagine he looks like and some quotes from him that make you swoon.  If you are interested in participating please check out the My BookBoyfriend Introduction Page over at Missie's blog The Unread Reader.


Right, this is a very different boy-man-I should say. He doesn't really belong in a book. More from a UK TV show. I did ask Missie if this was ok, and she said it was fine. My guy comes from the UK version of Being Human, he is a 100+ year old vampire name John Mitchell. Mitchell for short.

John Mitchell


Description: John Mitchell is an Irish vampire that was turned during the first world war by his Sire, Herrick. He was a pretty vicious killer after he was turned but has since sworn off blood. He has no mate; but is partial to the odd pretty girl, human or vampire. He lives with his best friend George, a werewolf and Annie, a ghost in a small house in Bristol, England. He works as a hospital porter to try and be 'normal'. 



George Sands: "Why now?"
John Mitchell: "I don't know. When in Rome, stop killing the other Romans?"

"George Sands: "So, a house or a flat?
John Mitchell: Whatever we can afford.
George Sands: And if we need to move on again?
John Mitchell: We move on.
George Sands: We share the cleaning.
John Mitchell: We can draw up a roster, I'll buy highlighter pens and everything.
George Sands: What about guests?
John Mitchell: We can't ask them to clean.
George Sands: No. What if one of us wants to have a guest?
John Mitchell: In your last house you clearly had a level of security that I'm not used to. You want a guest. You have a guest. Wait a second, are you talking about a lady shaped guest?"

"I'm not having you turn my nice house into the Playboy mansion."

John Mitchell: "You'd be better in a fight, you're stocky."
George Sands: I'm not stocky.
John Mitchell: Look at you, you're like... you know in a cartoon when a safe falls on someone...?"

"You could be my salvation." 





Well there you go. That's John Mitchell...Mitchell for short. If you like the idea of a vampire with an Irish accent living in Bristol, then you can catch him on the UK version of Being Human. The actor that portrays Mitchell is Aidan Turner-also Irish. If you like the look of Aidan, you can soon catch him in The Hobbit movie as Kili.

Thank you Missie for hosting a great meme!

I hope I've introduced somebody you all hope is worth getting to know.


14 comments:

Lesley said...

I loved Being Human, I had a real soft spot for George but Mitchell was definetly the eye candy. Great TV boyfriend Jess.

Wordsmith Publicity said...

I've never heard of this before. Thanks for the great eye candy!

Anonymous said...

Irish vampire... Oh my! Love it!

Missie, The Unread Reader said...

Jess! Thank you so much for this post! An Irish Vampire. Yummy. John Mitchell is so hot, like way hotter than the US version. And guess what? I just checked on Netflix and I can watch the UK version. I'm so excited. That is what I'll be doing this weekend. WIN!!!

Book Passion for Life said...

Haha, you're welcome Missie. I'm glad you like him. I'm not sure what the US version of Being Human is like, but I heard through the grape vine that the UK version is better ;)

Enjoy ladies!

~Jess

Prangon said...

O.M.G Hyperventilates.

I LOVE MITCHELL! And Being Human :D

Have you watched all three seasons of Being Human UK?

Jade said...

Never heard of this show but an Irish Vampire sounds like a lot of fun, and a lot of danger. Loving that his best friend is a werewolf as I'm quite partial to those furry shape-shifters!

Megan said...

I've only seen the first episode of Being Human, but so far I like it. And he is definitely a good looking fellow!

Book Passion for Life said...

@Prangon. I'm currently about to start Season 3. I love Mitchell!!

Enjoy

~Jess

Nea said...

I've never seen this tv show :/ but he looks cool :)

Chantaal said...

OMG, if you're gonna break the rules a little and do a My TV Boyfriend, John Mitchell is definitely the way to go! Great choice. :)

Felicia the Geeky Blogger said...

I love BBC's Being Human! It is such a great show ;)

Jennifer said...

I love this show! I am partial to the UK version of Mitchell rather than the US as well. Love me some sexy Irish vampires!

Jennifer @ Feminist Fairytale Reviews

Missie, The Unread Reader said...

Jess! Guess what I did over the weekend? I watched a few eps of Being Human. Poor Mitchell. I wish he wasn't so tormented. Why can't he have just a bit of blood without killing? Is that not possible for those kind of vamps? Will have to watch more. Thanks for making me a new addict!

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis