Pages

Tuesday 13 March 2012

A Review for Friday Night Bites (The Chicagoland Vampires #2) by Chloe Neill

Posted by Donna
Published Date: April 8th, 2012
Finished Date: March 11th, 2012 
Publishers: Gollancz
Source: Bought - TBR Reading Challenge 2012 
Format: Kindle 
Pages: 357
<
The Blurb from Goodreads: The story of a young heiress's initiation into the dark society of the Chicagoland Vampires continues...Ten months after vampires revealed their existence to the mortals of Chicago, they're enjoying a celebrity status usually reserved for the Hollywood elite. But should people learn about the Raves-mass feeding parties where vampires round up humans like cattle-the citizens will start sharpening their stakes.So now it's up to the new vampire Merit to reconnect with her upper class family and act as liaison between humans and bloodsuckers, and keep the more unsavory aspects of the vampire lifestyle out of the media. But someone doesn't want peace between them-someone with an ancient grudge...
<
The Review: I know what you’re thinking. I only posted my review for the first book in this series a few days ago where I made it clear I would not be continuing with this series BUT, after being made feel guilty by my friend Melanie (bless her).........and she clearly pointed out to me, I must continue with this series because of the following:

1) The series gets better with each book.
2) I need to read book three.
3) I need to find out where the relationship goes between Merit and Ethan.
4) Ethan….wow…..need she say more?

So despite my better judgement, I continued and even though there were times I really wanted to give up, I carried on, mainly because of Ethan…and I did ended up liking it a little better than book one…just slightly so it gets 2.5 out of 5 from me.

This time around we see Merit and Ethan trying to climb the social ladder to find some information about a person who is trying to publish a story about vampires. Some vampires like to hold raves where people are feed from by vampires, but if this were ever to go public it would do more damage to the vampire community. So that leaves Merit seeking help from the one person she despises – her father. He can help her being welcomed back into the fold of the rich, popular and upper class society but someone among them doesn’t want peace and are they are determined to get what they want.

As I said previously, Friday Night Bites is a slightly better book but I only rated it a 2.5 because it wasn’t by much. I still really enjoyed the characters, I love them all and I really love the banter between them. The relationship between Merit and Ethan is still as tense as ever, but at times, it’s so hot. There is chemistry between them and I’m practically shouting at them to get their acts together, even with Morgan in the way, but they need to hurry up…seriously it’s torture waiting.

The story this time around was a bit better than the first; I like how more Merit gets involved more and the mystery surrounding the journalist. It was also nice to see Merit and Ethan step away from their house. I do still feel there is quite a bit of poticial talk and I’m still not overly keen on it, but I understand the need for it to be in the story.

Overall, I’m glad Melanie pushed me to continue with this series and I’m heading for book three as we speak.
 

1 comment:

Felicia the Geeky Blogger said...

DANG!

I wasn't wowed by book 1 and I bought book 2 because I heard the same things. I am going to give it a whirl but I am not on the Ethan train (just don't like him LOL)

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis