Pages

Monday 20 August 2012

US vs UK (#55)


Welcome to Book Passion for Life's 54th US vs UK book cover battle. 

The idea of this battle is once a week we'll post 2 sets of books of our choice, one US cover and one UK cover, and we'll just give our opinion on which one we love the most. Which cover captures the story, which one would catch our eye if we saw it on the shelf in a shop. The US cover will be on the left, and the UK cover will be on the right.

The Scores so far are:
US: 16 UK: 18  Draw: 21

US vs UK Round 55

 Bared to You by Sylvia Day

Bared to You (Crossfire, #1) VS  Bared to You (Crossfire, #1)

Jess says: Ah I loved this book! I actually don't really like either of these I prefer the original one with Gideon on the front, BUT if I had to choose? Then I pick the US for the cuff links because they fit the story a lot more. God this book is so awesome! 


Donna says:  I literally just finished this book and all I can say is wow! But the covers, I actually love both, however now reading the book, I understand the US cover a lot more. So I'm going with the US because of what the design on the cuffs mean. 


Add it to your Goodreads TBR list:


When It Happens by Susane Colasanti

When It Happens VS  When It Happens

Jess says: Ooh not heard of this book, need to add it to my TBR I think. I like both of these, but I have to agree with Donna, the UK seems a lot more fun and out there. I think this type of US cover has been done, it seems this cover gets reused a lot. 


Donna says: This is a pretty easy choice for me and I'll say it now, UK! It's looks so much fun and it's very eye catching. It's makes me want to pick up the book straight away, where as the US one looks a bit dated. I think they could do with re-designing it. 


Add it to your Goodreads TBR list:


Which do you prefer? Leave us your comments below!! =) 
__________________

Okay guys, this weeks US vs UK goes to..........It's a draw!

6 comments:

Erin W. said...

UK for both of the covers! I really love the new cover for When It Happens (a good book by the way) . . . since it would really catch my eye compared to its original cover.

Melanie Hall said...

I say UK for both :)

Dinky ☮ said...

I more like US covers for both (:

Yvonne Leacy said...

I like both covers for Bared to You. Haven't read the book so don't know which one would suit more. Love the UK cover for When it Happens, it's so eye-catching and different

Robyn Murphy said...

I don't really like either cover for Bored to You, but I love the UK cover of When It Happens. It's different and eye catching.

Fiction Fascination said...

I would love to read bared to You! But anyway, I like the UK cover more! AI like both for When it Happens but I think I will give it to the US! :)

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis