Pages

Monday 7 April 2014

A Review for The Shadow Prince (Mortal Enchantment #0.5) by Stacey O'Neale

20542942Posted by Donna
Release Date: March 25th 2014
Finished Date: March 27th, 2014
Publishers: Phoenix Reign Publishing
Genre: Paranormal, YA, 
Source: FREE
Format: eBook
Pages: 74
This prequel novella is FREE and available on Goodreads, Amazon, and Barnes & Noble!

Every sacrifice has consequences.

Sixteen-year-old Rowan has spent most of his life living among the mortals—learning to control the element of fire, impatiently awaiting the day his vengeful mother, Queen Prisma, will abdicate her throne. When he finally returns to Avalon for his coronation, his mother insists he must first prove his loyalty to the court by completing a secret mission: 

Kill Kalin, the half-human, half-elemental daughter of the air court king. 

Willing to do anything to remove his mother from power, he agrees to sacrifice the halfling. He returns to the mortal world with his best friend, Marcus, determined to kill the princess. But as he devises a plan, he starts to question whether or not he's capable of completing such a heinous task. And what price he will pay if he refuses?

The Review: 3.5 Stars! 

Fast paced, intriguing and enchanting, Stacey O’Neal’s introduction to her new series, Mortal Enchantment is definitely right up my street.

The Shadow Prince follows Rowan, the son of the fire court Queen. Rowan has spent most of his life living amongst mortals, while trying to learn to control his fire element. Rowan’s never been shown any love from his mother, who believes love is a weakest, but when she announces she will be stepping down from her throne and he she wants Rowan to take her place, he’s surprised. But he knows his mother and he knows she will not give up her throne without wanting something in return…and she does. She wants Rowan to kill, the half-human, half-elemental daughter of the air court king. But can Rowan complete a task that goes against everything he believes in?

I really enjoyed this prequel novella. At only 76 pages, it’s short, but definitely leaves you wanting more. I thought it was a great introduction, to which I believe will be a very promising series by a talented debut author. The Shadow Prince gives you a lot of insight of what’s to come and I can’t wait to read more.

I really liked Rowan. I found him honest, loyal and very open, plus he’s pretty tasty so that helps a lot too. I enjoyed the whole set up of the courts and found myself enthralled by them. It kind of reminded me of how I was when I first read Julie Kagawa’s Iron Fey series. One thing I would like more from the first book, is a little more mystery….especially from Rowan. I love mysterious guys, so I’m hoping we get that from Kalin’s point of view.

In all, Stacey O’Neal has proven this series has a lot of potential with The Shadow Prince and I can’t wait to read more in Mortal Enchantment.

No comments:

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis